Support & Services for Schools
We offer support to Early Years and School settings at organizational, group and individual levels through consultation, assessment, therapeutic intervention, advice, and training. Our aim is to provide a service tailored to meet your needs and the needs of the children and young people you care for and work with.
Our primary focus is always the holistic wellbeing of children and ensuring that they reach their full potential in all social, emotional, and academic areas. With this in mind, we offer a range of services:
Individual Assessment Work
Individual assessment work has the aim of determining a child's developmental profile, including strengths and areas of need (learning, social, emotional, communication, interaction or sensory needs), to plan effective and efficient programs of support. This may involve some or all of the following:
- A consultation with parents/carers and Early Years or School staff to discuss the main concerns, what has already been tried, what works or doesn't work and to and collaboratively determine an action plan.
- Working on an assess-plan-do-review basis to promote continued development, and where required, provide evidence of cycles of intervention in preparation for requesting Integrated Assessment from the Local Authority.
- Completing observations and assessments of the child or young person to provide a detailed picture of their developmental profile.
- A comprehensive and detailed report with personal and tailored recommendations to meet the individual child or young person's needs.
- Delivery of interventions to address specific areas of development, for example, one-to-one programs to develop social skills, therapeutic work to support emotional development or coaching staff to effectively implement support programs.
We can offer a range of systemic work within Early Years and School settings, where we look at the whole school setting or whole class areas of need. Targeted planning takes place and staff are supported in making strategic decisions which will benefit the whole school system and/or the systems within it. This may involve:
- Targeted planning to meet the specific needs of groups of children (e.g. ASC, literacy difficulties, executive function difficulties, etc).
- Identifying SEND needs early and promoting inclusion.
- Planning and developing early intervention programs and nurture groups.
- Supporting whole school or class groups to improve social skills, interaction and behaviour including support in writing behaviour policies.
- Training staff to be whole school specialists.
- Planning and implementing early intervention programs.
- Supporting policy development and implementation.
We can offer therapeutic support to a range of children and young people within the school setting, with needs including but not exclusive to: trauma, anxiety, panic, depression, grief and bereavement, social difficulties, life transitions e.g. transition to high school, family breakups, entering adolescence etc, developing a sense of self, self-regulation, self-esteem, anger management, learning developmental disorders.
Our support includes individual therapeutic intervention, play therapy, group therapeutic intervention, parental support and support for school staff who are supporting children with these needs.
Specialist Teacher and Inclusion Support
Our specialist teachers are involved in individual work with students, including assessment work to establish areas of strength and difficulty to plan for inclusion and intervention, and 1 to 1 pupil support to model appropriate working and intervention.
We also offer whole school or early years setting development and support work, including: support with Quality First Teaching, support with the completion of targeted individual learning plans for children with SEND, support for SENCos to facilitate the graduated response, supervision to staff and SEND support surgeries.
Our specialist teachers are also able to provide high quality training around the graduated response, quality first teaching, attachment, behaviour as communication and supporting children to regulate their emotions.
Our team are available to provide a range of training for staff around a range of topics, both in school and online. For more information click here to visit our training page.
Packages of Support
To accommodate your needs, our service can be commissioned on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or termly basis. Whilst we endeavour to retain capacity to respond swiftly and flexibly to requests for 'one-off' pieces of assessment work, many of our partner settings determine a package of support to be delivered across the academic year with the focus of work varying, from individual work with students to whole school or early years setting development and systemic work.
The benefit of taking advantage of one of our packages is in your peace of mind and guarantee that our service will be available for you when you need it. Contact us to enquire about any of our services and a package of support.